Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review 1

I reviewed Olivia's blog on the Jahi McMath debate.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and was drawn in from the first paragraph.  Although I gave her 10/10 on all sections of the rubric (100%, go Olivia!), I would have liked to see:


1.  A few links to more in depth material on the topic or clear references to issues discussed
2.  Discussion or mention of similar cases that would help set the scene for the time period and political environment (ie Terri Schiavo)


I hope to emulate Olivia's use of pictures and font/paragraph changes which helped to keep me engaged throughout the piece.  I also hope to find a way of evoking emotion from my readers as she did ("The young girl kissed her mother before undergoing a "simple surgery" at Oakland Children's Hospital in San Francisco").  Regardless of how you feel about this case, you can't help but feel some sympathy.  


In general, I found it to be quite helpful to look at the rubric and compare it to my classmates work.  I hope that this experience will improve my piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment