Friday, May 6, 2016

Peer Review 15

For this blog post, I will be peer reviewing Kelly Reager's editorial report 15B that shows a transcript of her video essay. The blog post that I'm referring to can be found here!


  • Starting off with what I found really effective: I think the transcript shows a willingness to identify past weaknesses in Kelly's writing and how she has improved and become a better writer over time. I think it's very important to properly identify your strong and weak suits so that you know when you're developing you're writing as opposed to remaining stagnant. Additionally, I think the tone of the transcript makes it sound like the ultimate video essay will be quite relaxed which will make it easier to listen to. Personally, I struggle to incorporate such a relaxed tone in most of my writing, which is why I tend to lost points in regards to how interested the intended audience would likely be. 

  • As for the areas with room for improvement: I think that the transcript itself lacked a bit of honest stick-it-to-it regarding the english assignments we've had. Although many of the assignments were likely helpful in improving Kelly's writing in meaningful ways, it'd be helpful to see the aspects of the course that she didn't enjoy as much as well. I suspect that these viewpoints are actually present in the final draft, but that this particular clip just didn't express a negative viewpoint--which is completely fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment