Sunday, May 1, 2016

Content Outline

It's time to begin preparing for Project 4--the final project of this semester! I am pretty excited to be nearly done with college altogether, and am starting to become more focused on activities beyond this semester. However, it's crucial to piece together a presentable project, and here's an outline of what I hope to accomplish:

Introduction
In the introduction, I'll introduce myself and describe the purpose of the self-reflection project. I might highlight some key things that have happened over the semester and what I have learned from them, but this would be a broader focus that I would expand upon in the body sections


Body Section 1
My first point would discuss how my writing has changed in the past 3-4 years, and how that has affected my writing in this class. For several years now, my writing has been almost exclusively focused on science. I write a lot of lab reports for classes, manuscripts and abstracts for work, and formal and informal emails. However, I no longer write exclusively for the sake of writing and I haven't written creatively in a very long time. This has affected my writing style both negatively but also positively as well.


Evidence: I will show samples of my writing today and compare them to blog posts and submissions from peers to show that perhaps my writing is a bit more rigid than it needs to be for these type of assignments.

Body Section 2
My second point would discuss how my writing developed during the actual course. I want to focus specifically on how my style changed and how I was able to become more personal in my writing. I think this was a prerequisite to developing the personal style  needed for a self-reflective essay such as this one.

Evidence: Refer to the original QRG, show how it was actually more formal than the standard college essay I wrote for Project 3 which should likely have been the one with a more academic tone.

Body Section 3
My third point is still a bit undefined, but I am leaning towards including some collaborative activities we did as a class and addressing how (or whether) these helped me become a different kind of writer. I think this body section is an opportunity to gather what we've done as a class throughout the semester and try to figure out whether all the work was worth it--what did we really gather from everything?

Evidence: TBD

Conclusion
Since this is a video essay, the conclusion will focus on summarizing what I've learned this semester. The conclusion may be the time that I actually present footage of myself as well. 


1 comment:

  1. Hey Eyal! I think you have a great start to your project. Here is the peer review I did for you! http://kellyreager.blogspot.com/2016/05/peer-review-for-eyal.html

    ReplyDelete