Sunday, April 24, 2016

Reflection on the Local Revision Process

So, it is finally time to submit Project 3 and move on with our lives. However, before we call it quits, I wanted to quickly go over what went well and what didn't with the editing process this week:

  • As for successes, I was very proud of how quickly I managed to catch up with everyone else. I had fallen a bit behind on blog posts a couple weeks ago. In the past two weeks I have completed my blogs and managed to write an entire standard college essay after completing my research.

  • There were certainly some challenges. All the catch-up work that i had to left me feeling a bit pressed for time. It made the blog posts less than enjoyable to write, because it felt more like a content requirement than something that I could truly utilize. This leads me to my next point:

  • I hope to come away from this with a better sense of time management. This project was less enjoyable for me than previous ones because it required everything except for the final draft to be viewed as busywork. I'm mostly just writing to be done.

  • I am very pleased with my final output. I think my essay needles down to a very particular message which I struggled to intiailly find. I'm very pleased with how things turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment