Saturday, March 26, 2016

Peer Review 9A

For the peer review of a student in our section, I chose Sienna's podcast (found here). Her podcast was posted on SoundCloud, and it was titled 'English 109H Podcast'. I focused on the form of the podcast for this review.

  • Sienna's tone and voice was relaxed and personal, which helped the audience associate with what she was presenting and kept interest levels up. This is extremely important in a podcast that is focusing on a fairly bland topic: namely the different genres and media used by professionals within the veterinary field. Although the topic could not be controlled, Sienna did a great job converting an otherwise boring topic into an interesting listen.


  • The tempo of the podcast was in line with expectations I'd gathered from other podcasts. Although she spoke at a very appropriate pace, I think it would be best if the background music was a bit softer so as not to distract from the content. At some points, I found myself listening to the introduction a bit more than the actual genres used in her field. Although the levels could be adjusted, the general format used was in line with what I was expecting and easy to listen to.


  • I was very impressed with how Sienna captured the rhetorical situation of the various genres. She went into fairly good detail about how the different genres actually identify and adjust their strategies to different contexts, which is a point I could certainly improve in my podcast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment