Friday, March 25, 2016

Editorial Report 9B

Much as in Editorial Report 9A, I selected a separate clip that I posted about a few days ago and edited it to improve the form and content. Again, let's start by quickly reminding you of the past product, and show you how it has changed this week:

Selection from a rough cut
Here is a link to a clip from last week's rough podcast: Rough Cut

Re-Edited Selection
Now, here is a link to this week's clip with some new segments: New and Improved!

So, what are the content changes? I took Dr. Nicole Achenbach's interview and slightly increased the amount of content present. Specifically, I included a section where she described the details of the forms she fills out for each patient she sees. I thought it might be a bit too detailed, but after consideration I decided it was a great example of the a type of genre that many people aren't very familiar with: namely, the clinician's notes. 

How about the changes in form? I tried to include a longer pause at the end of the Dr. Achenbach's segment, to give a bit of rest for the listener. I have seen many podcasts posted, especially on NPR and other radio segments, where there are significant rest breaks of nearly 20-30 seconds that let the listener collect their thoughts. I thought it would be helpful to take a similar approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment